Eco-Friendly Copier Technologies Promote Sustainable Business Practices
Going green is hardly a new concept, especially in a business setting. It's widely known that making strategic changes to benefit the environment can also keep costs low to help a business save money.
Photocopier manufacturer Xerox supports this green business principle. According to Xerox, sustainable business practices can save energy to benefit the environment and lower a business's operational costs at the same time.
Standout eco-friendly copier technologies
Speaking of photocopiers, one smart way to cut unnecessary costs on a day-to-day basis is to rethink your choice of copier. As you compare copiers based on functionality, volume, and cost, you're likely to stumble upon a new photocopier performance category: environmentally responsible technologies.
Photocopier manufacturers are stepping up to the plate to introduce eco-friendly copying and printing technologies:
- EA Toner and Solid Ink: The Emulsion Aggregate proprietary technology "developed" by Xerox is designed to improve printing capacity while cutting down on unnecessary waste. EA Toner supports sharper image quality; Solid Ink reduces waste by up to 90% by printing with cartridge-free ink blocks instead of toner.
- N-in-1 printing mode: Brother offers this simple conservation feature to print multiple pages on one single document. Offices can slash daily paper use by doubling up pages with little to no text.
- Loops copier system: Toshiba recently introduced a breakthrough print-erase copy technology that allows workers to reuse printed documents. The Loops system integrates two separate machines with an erasable ink toner; the machine uses heat processing to "erase" printed paper, as well as a business's carbon footprint.
Why buy an eco-friendly photocopier?
While some environmentally friendly copiers come with a hefty price tag – the Toshiba Loops copier system was estimated at more than $17,000 – the investment soon pays for itself. With the use of more advanced eco-friendly photocopier features, like Loops, carbon dioxide emissions can be cut by almost 60%.
Other energy-efficient photocopiers on the market cost significantly less: $599 for a 40 ppm small office color printer, up to $4999 for a 44 ppm multifunction printer to accommodate a large office.
Top benefits of purchasing an eco-friendly photocopier include:
- Reduce air pollution.
- Cut down on energy costs.
- Decrease equipment failure rate.
- Increase copier equipment lifespan.
- Save money on office paper costs.
Almost all environmentally friendly photocopier technologies are intended to save a business money, after the initial equipment investment.
For example, cartridge-free Solid Ink by Xerox is strategically designed to reduce operating costs and cut down on replacement accessories. In the words of Xerox, "If you print lots of color pages, Xerox solid ink printers and multifunction printers can help you realize a significant savings on 70% of the color pages you print every day. You get exceptional value, with a total cost of ownership that's hard to beat."Compare Prices & Lease Rates on Office Copiers »